Tuesday 12 October 2010

My worst nightmare

I love food. In particular, I love meat. I enjoy Thai, Vietnamese, Chinese and Italian food. But I'm told I should review my eating habits. I did some reading on diet for people with cancer or going through cancer treatment. There is a lot of info out there and many different ideas.  I’ve decided to pick and choose based on my lifestyle and advice from friends who have gone through a cancer experience.

Here are a couple of sites I found useful:


My diet choice


Majority raw fruit and vegetables. Here are just a few of the cancer cell killing nutrients (direct or indirect) in vegetables and fruits:
  • Raw Carrots (alpha carotene, beta carotene, Vitamin E, etc.)
  •  Raw Broccoli (sulforaphanes/isothiocyanates)
  • Raw cabbage (isothiocyanates)
  • Green Asparagus (saponins)
  • Beetroot/red beets (proanthocyanidins (PAC's or OPC's))
  • Turmeric (a spice) (curcurmin)
  • Raw pineapple (bromelain and pexoxidase)
  • Whole purple grapes with seeds and skins (more than a dozen, see Grape Cure article)
  • Apricot seeds (laetrile)
  • Strawberries, red raspberries, black raspberries (laetrile and ellagic acid)
  • Blueberries (ellagic acid, anthrocyanins, OPC)
I found this list from “Raw Food Treatment”.  Sounds interesting: http://www.cancertutor.com/Cancer/RawFood.html

Modest amounts of milk products. I love my yoghurt.

Very small amounts of fat, sugar, alcohol, and salt.

My previous diet, which I love, is actually bad for me. It is a dramatic change, but a change I must make.

No comments:

Post a Comment